How Does American Family Insurance Handle Injury Claims? | Colorado Springs Injury Lawyers
Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with Colorado Springs PERSONAL INJURY lawyers for Free
American Family Insurance, abbreviated as AmFam, is a Fortune 500 insurance company that focuses on property, casualty, and auto insurance. Because American Family Insurance is such a large company, there is a good chance you may come into contact with them if you have been injured. If this is the case, there are some important things to know. Foremost, you must remember that American Family Insurance is a company seeking a profit.
Insurance companies make a profit by paying out less in claims than they receive through premiums. This means they will try to pay you the minimum amount they feel you are owed. In order to successfully negotiate a more reasonable settlement, it is important to learn about and be prepared for the claims process.
How to File a Claim
After the accident, you must contact American Family Insurance directly to file a claim. Like most insurance companies, American Family Insurance makes it easy to file a claim by phone or online 24 hours a day. It is important to contact American Family Insurance as soon after the accident as possible.
Once you have contacted American Family Insurance, you will then be assigned a personal claim representative. Your personal claim representative works with you to evaluate your claim.
When filing an auto, home, or business insurance claim, be prepared to provide the following:
- Your name, address, and contact information
- American Family Insurance policy number
- Date and time of accident or loss
- Brief description of what happened
- Insurance and contact information of all those involved
When filing a life insurance claim, be prepared to provide the following:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- State of residence
- Life insurance policy number
What to Remember When Making a Claim with American Family Insurance
- Be prepared: You will need to explain your claim and why you are making it in an effort to show the maximum value of your claim.
- Document everything: Keep every medical bill, all receipts, and any repair estimates you receive. It is important to have all of this information documented so you can make the most out of your insurance claim.
- Do not admit fault: When making a claim, anything you say to a claims adjuster will be recorded and may be used against you to dispute your claim to decrease your total compensation.
- Take notes during the entire process: Keep a written record of your actions and make sure to provide these notes to your insurer so both parties have this evidence.
OUR COLORADO SPRINGS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS CAN HELP
At Zinda Law Group, our Colorado Springs personal injury attorneys have helped thousands of victims get their lives back on track after suffering an injury. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you build the strongest claim possible and pursue maximum compensation for hospital bills, future medical costs, property damage, lost income, pain and suffering, and much more.
Our firm also believes an injury victim should never have to worry about being able to afford excellent legal representation. That is why we offer 100% free consultations, and why you pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your case. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
If you have been injured in an accident, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 to receive your free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers in Colorado Springs.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.