What Should I Do If I’m Injured by a Texting Driver? | Colorado Springs Injury Lawyers
Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with a Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Studies done by the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) have found that texting while driving is even more dangerous than driving under the influence of alcohol. This being the case, texting while driving is considered inherently dangerous, and anyone who texts and drives is acting negligently in their responsibility to safely share the road with other people.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by a texting driver, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, and much more. The auto accident attorneys at Zinda Law Group can help answer all your questions and guide you through every step of the process. And as one of our clients, you will pay nothing unless we win your case. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
Call Zinda Law Group today at (800) 863-5312 for a free case evaluation with an experienced car accident attorney in Colorado Springs.
What Are My Options?
When the negligence of a texting driver results in a car accident, they are liable, or legally responsible, for the consequences. If you have been injured by a texting driver, you have the legal right to recover fair compensation through the following two options.
File an Insurance Claim
Like with any accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance company may be responsible for compensating you for the damages you have suffered.
If you’ve been injured, you should be sure to obtain the other driver’s insurance and personal information. You’ll need this to file the claim and begin the process of getting your compensation.
Open a Personal Injury Civil Lawsuit
In addition to filing an insurance claim, you may choose to sue the at-fault driver in a civil case. Doing so will require that you prove the other driver was texting and that the texting caused the accident and your resulting injuries.
No matter the option you take, your legal rights to the following damages are essentially the same.
Types of Damage Covered
If you’re involved in an accident with a texting driver, you likely have the legal right to be compensated for the following:
- Damage to your vehicle: This includes the cost to repair the car or compensation for the cost of the car if the insurance company determines that the car was “totaled.”
- Damage to other belongings you have in the vehicle: This includes anything you own that was damaged or ruined in the car accident.
- Medical bills: These can include emergency room and transportation costs, doctor’s bills, chiropractic treatment, and physical therapy.
- Other miscellaneous expenses: This might include rental cars, crutches, bus fare, or anything of the sort.
- Lost wages: If the injuries you’ve suffered cause you to miss work, you may be eligible to receive compensation for wages you would have earned had you been able to work.
- Punitive damages: These may be available in the event you go to trial and the jury decides to punish the at-fault driver above and beyond those costs they owe you.
- Pain and suffering: In addition to your physical suffering, you may be eligible for compensation for mental anguish or distress you experience after the accident.
Our Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyers Can Help
At Zinda Law Group, our Colorado Springs personal injury attorneys have helped thousands of victims get their lives back on track after suffering an injury. We have the knowledge and resources to help you build the strongest case possible and pursue the maximum compensation you deserve under the law.
Our firm also believes that an injury victim should never have to worry about being able to afford excellent legal representation. That is why we offer 100% free consultations, and why you will pay nothing unless we win your case. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a texting driver, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 to receive your free consultation with one of our skilled Colorado Springs car accident lawyers.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.